Sunday, September 13, 2009

Journal 5: Oh, yesterday came suddenly ..!!


As a partly result of not having much emotional adventures, I don't pay
as much attention to the lyrics as what I do to the melody. Consequently, whenever it comes to listening a classical Arabic music, particularly Umm Kulthum's, I will be affected to crying. However, last year was my first time to feel harmonized with a Western music when I heard the Beatles warbling the song "Yesterday".

I have not even knew who is the Beatles then, while I was driving my car randomly Yesterday had played on the car's CD, right away after it finished, I jumped on my friend who was sitting next seat and asked him, what was this song and who was playing it? He answered, with a little surprise because I didn't recognize the song,: It's 'Yesterday', the Beatles man. Since that moment 'Yesterday' became my favorite English song, which I will never feel bored of repeating it. It's just 2.30 minutes length, that's not long enough to enjoy more. Generally, Yesterday's warm music is the type of melody that makes me feel deeply affected. By the way, after that I knew the Beatles well. Now I have all their albums, but unfortunately they don't have many songs like Yesterday, therefore it's still number one.

2 comments:

Helen said...

enjoy the music ,don't need remember the name, just enjoy

Aziz アジズ said...

Yeaaah, like that Helen. Just enjoy..!!